The school has high expectations for pupils’ attendance and punctuality and ensures that these expectations are communicated regularly to parents and pupils. Pupils will be expected to attend school punctually every day they are required to be at school, for the full day.
The school day starts at 08.45am, and pupils will be in their classroom, ready to begin lessons at this time; therefore, pupils will be expected to be on the school site by 8:40am. Pupils will have a morning break at 10:30am, which will last until 10.45am, and a lunch break at 12:10pm, which will last until 1.00pm – pupils will be expected to have returned from each break and be ready to recommence learning at the stated times.
Registers will be taken as follows throughout the school day:
▪ The morning register will be marked by 9am. Pupils will receive a late mark if they are not in their classroom by this time. Pupils attending after this time will receive a mark to show that they were on site, but this will count as a late mark
▪ The morning register will close at 9.15am. Pupils will receive a mark of absence if they do not attend school before this time ▪ The afternoon register will be marked by 1:15pm. Pupils will receive a late mark if they are not in their classroom by this time
▪ The afternoon register will close at 1:30pm. Pupils will receive a mark of absence if they are not present Pupils will be encouraged to communicate any concerns related to attendance and absence as soon as possible to the relevant member of staff.
Pupils are responsible for:
▪ Attending their lessons and any agreed activities when at school.
▪ Arriving punctually to lessons when at school.
Parents are responsible for:
Providing accurate and up-to-date contact details.
Providing the school with more than one emergency contact number.
Updating the school if their details change.
Ensuring that their children attend school daily when school is open.
Promoting good attendance with their children.
Only request leave of absence in exceptional circumstances.
Book any medical appointments around the school day where possible.
Notify the school in line with missing education processes as soon as possible when their child is unexpectedly absent because of sickness