Purple Learner Quotes from Goldfinch Class:
- "A Purple Learner always challenges themselves." Molly.
- "A Purple Learner is never afraid to step into the Challenge Zone." Maisie.
- "I like being in the Cool Comfort Zone but I want to push myself into the Challenge Zone." Izzy.
- "Purple Learners are people who build on mistakes." Leo.
- "A Purple Learner is amazing." Aaron.
- "A Purple Learner is someone who makes mistakes but learns more than getting things right, they challenge themselves. " Anon.
- "A Purple Learner is someone who explores other ideas and challenges themselves and has lots of connections [in their brain.] They stay out of the Cool Comfort Zone." Daisy.
- "A Purple Learner is someone who listens, then challenges themselves. When they do that their neurons grow into trails all through the brain." Anon.
- "A Purple Learner works collaboratively in a team and shares ideas, pushing and challenging." Olivia W.
- "A Purple Learner is a kind, helpful and positive learner." Amy
What is a Purple Learner?
A Purple Learner is someone who:
- Tries hard
- Knows their comfort zone but is not afraid to move into their challenge zone
- Thinks for themselves
- Makes an effort
- Isn't afraid to make a mistake - this is learning
- Is the best that they can be!
Making Edible Neurons
As part of our Becoming Purple Learners journey, we have been learning about neuroplasticity. The ability to learn by strengthening our brains - creating pathways between neurons. The children have watched a few videos (see below) , read some books and thought a lot!
But nothing beats making an edible model for embedding the learning! (We didn't fancy eating these though!)
Challenge - there are 32 children in Goldfinch Class. Approximately, how many cells (specialised and non- specialised) do they have all together?
Use what you know and some Purple Learning skills to find the answer!