SEND School Offer


How does our school identify that children have Special Educational Needs?
  • Through conversations with parents, carers and other agencies.
  • By using assessment relevant to SEND criteria in our school. 

Who is the best person to talk to about my child and their needs?
  • The class teacher is the first person you should talk to.
  • The SENDco, head teacher and school counsellor are also available to discuss any further needs.
  • The SEND governor is responsible for making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has special educational needs or disabilities.
How do we support parents and families?
  • Structured conversations for parents and teachers as part of our Achievement for All programme.
  • Regular reviews and and open door policy enables parents to make an appointment with the headteacher, SENDco or class teacher.

How does our school support children with Special Educational Needs?
  • All pupils benefit from a range of teaching and learning styles, a differentiated curriculum and a range of differentiated learning materials that both support and extend learning.
  • An Education Plan is written that will inform targeted support relevant to the individual needs of pupils.
  • This may include: Teaching Assistant support, 1:1 intervention, booster groups, intervention for fine and gross motor skills, speech and language. 
How will our school involve children in their education?
  • All our pupils receive regular feedback and support with their learning.
  • They are encouraged to be active learners and to take responsibility for their own learning through target setting and reviews with both their teacher and parents. 

Expertise of our staff
  • Regular training for staff both for specific needs such as diabetes, speech and language difficulties as well as for general SEN needs.
  • All our teachers have a responsibility as teachers of SEN. 

How will we measure progress?
  • Progress is reviewed regularly for all pupils using internal and external assessment. 
  • Education plans and targets are set to reflect current achievement and this information is shared with parents in reports and at review meetings.

What other services do we use?
External agencies provide support and advice where a particular need is identified. These include:
  • Educational Psychologist
  • Speech and Language Therapist
  • A member of the Advisory Teaching Service
  • Occupational Health, School Counsellor 

How do we support children moving to another school or setting?
  • Files, assessment data and any other information is passed on. 
  • Transition visits are in place and additional transition visits are arranged where necessary. 
  • Visits to pre-schools settings take place.